Monday 6 April 2009

A Change is as Good as a Rest!

Well that is what they say and I agree! When you work and have children well yes the school holidays can definitely be a testing time in terms of the balancing act we all do. And I am sure that I am not the only mum who treasures this time with my children but at the end of it experiences a certain amount of relief when it is time to revert to the normal weekly routine!

What I love most about the school holidays is the calm that falls over the house...in place of the morning marathon to get out of the door. Normally armed with book bags, homework, packed lunches...it is rural where I live so I have to drive my boys to school but I still feel like a packhorse making it to and from the car! I get up early and am organised and do as much as I can in advance, but why can we never avoid the last minute rush...every mum I know says the same thing....if you have the key then let me know!

This morning everyone had a little lay-in, and when the boys did get up they snuggled on the sofa with toast and hot chocolate....and I went back to bed with a cup of steaming tea, the tv and my laptop....nice way to start the day! Just hope the weather holds out as the boys love being outside and they entertain themselves in the garden for hours - and I think it is good for them, fresh air and no Wii or DVD's. We have a few days out planned and some of their friends are going to come to play. So hopefully I will achieve a good balance of keeping on top of the business and spending some time with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment