Tuesday 7 April 2009

I Love Computers...When They Work

I truly do love computers...I really don't think that I could survive without one...okay, of course I could survive, but I do rely on them for so much, my business, food and clothing to be delivered to my door, organising everything from a doctors appointment to a holiday, keeping in contact with friends and family here and abroad....and I know you can do all these things without a computer, but well, it is so much easier to do it with them!!!!

But today has been one of computerised frustration - when you do rely on them so much well when they don't do what you want them to, when you want them to do it, it is a right pain in the backside. For some reason today my email decided to pack up and not receive anything...it could send but not receive...so much for BT Office Anywhere....well my handset was receiving everything but my main office certainly wasn't! It was only for a few hours but well when you are juggling that is a long time - I had organised my boys and their friend, they had been fed and were playing happily in the sunshine in the garden and I set myself up within full view of them, nice cup of tea, radio on in the background - all ready to sit down and work on some documents that I was due to receive.....no email! Typical...juggling and the balls drop to the floor!

Never mind - will the world stop...no of course not....things will be just delayed a little, the huge pile of work on my desk will get a little higher...particularly as I am off for the day tomorrow and taking my boys to London for the day...even a workaholic knows you have to stop sometimes!

Will have my blackberry with me and am trying to set up twitter on it at the mo...so can still do a bit of work...was tempted to pack my netbook...small enough to go in my rather large bag...but that might be pushing it a bit.

There seems to be problems on Twitter and Facebook at the moment...or perhaps it is just me today...I can watch Shameless after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment